Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A conversation I had with my mom a while ago:

Me (using my whiniest voice)
"oh mommy, I’m having such a bad week – I feel sad."
My mom (sounding all sympathetic)
"azizam, what’s wrong?"
Me (to be honest I don’t really have a reason)
"I don’t know. It’s just...nothing. and everything. Exams and I feel ugly and I just feel down."
My mom (giving me a hug)
"oh sweetie, i know. life gets really hard sometimes. actually the saddest thing happened to me today too."
me( happy at the idea that SOMEONE understands) (not happy that something sad happened to my mom, just...you know...)
"oh really? What happened?"
my mom( still with so much sympathy for me in her voice)
"one of my students came to my office hours crying – she just found out she has cancer."
me (head dropping, feeling so ashamed I want to kick myself)
"oh..."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home