Wednesday, November 22, 2006

new favorite song of the moment (well other than the 'perfect song' of november 19th):
http://www.bia2.com/music/
go to 'Omid', then 'Entezar' - the song is called 'Azizam'
i may have listened to it oooh, about 50 thousand times last night. soo soo cute.

azizam, too jadeye fada shodan,
oon-ke hargez nemeeshe khaste manam.
oonike ba 100 omido arezoo
delesho baste be eshghe to manam. (twice)
(my dear, in the road of becoming sacrificed [i.e. falling in love][i think]
the one who never gets tired [gives up] is me.
the one who with 100 wishes and hopes
has tied his heart to the loving of you is me.)


chorus
akhe to pako najeebee
to ye ehsase ajeebee
nakone
fereshte-ee to
(because you are pure and noble
you are a strange feeling
i wonder,
whether you are an angel)


ta nedaye eshgh reseed bar man (twice)
shoghe zendegee dameed bar man (twice)
(as soon as the proclamation/voice of love reached me
the joy of life reached [??...don't know what 'dameed' means. anyone?] me)
chorus


meekham to daryaye cheshat
ta joon daram shena konam
meekham hesabe khodamo
az ashegha joda konam
(in the sea of your eyes
i want to swim for as long as i have life
i want to distinguish myself
from others who are lovers)


fada shodan baraye to
daleele zende boodane.
meekham eshgho jonoonamo
rayeye gheseha konam (twice)
(being sacrificed for you
is the reason for living
i want to make my love and insanity
the counsel [raye??] of stories)

chorus

ok so i attempted to translate, but i think i did quite a bad job. i translated directly and it sounds much stupider in english than in persian, for some reason. its so poetic in persian. also, some of the word i wasn't sure about. any help would be appreciated. (and yes, i already checked www.farsidic.com)

but anyways, the point is, I HEART THIS SONG!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,

Just a few words that I know:

Rayeye = Rahiye
TR: send to the stories.

sacrificed= falling in love
TR: OK

dameed = blew (of air or wind)
TR: dameed bar man: blew on me

The rest looks good.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By the way, I think I misunderstood your question on "life". I thought that you were asking about which part I would like to be cut ... lol :P

In the case of your point, all of the BAD things were definitely the one I have found my RIGHT way with.

10:28 AM  
Blogger bita said...

thanks so much for the translations!
"all of the BAD things were definitely the one I have found my RIGHT way with." - yeah, you learn SO MUCH, it's insane! and they're more interesting i guess (movie-wise), but i still would go with the happy moments...

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home