Thursday, June 01, 2006

i went swimming today. i have this swimsuit – it’s black and has a little skirt on the bottom. it’s a one-piece and pretty conservative. i love it – i think it’s super cute. but i didn’t buy it for how it looked – i bought it because it’s perfect for exercise. (there are some swim-suits that are seriously NOT designed for swimming – mine is not one of them.) my cousin, who lives in toronto, came for a visit once and we went swimming.
"bita, what’s with the swim-suit?"
"what? what’s wrong with it?"
"it’s for old ladies...even your mom wouldn’t wear it."
"it’s perfect for exercise."
"get another one."
it is now a year later and i still don’t have another one.
anyway, about today, i was swimming when this woman, who looked like she was in her late 20s (maybe early 30s) asked me where i got my swim-suit. i told her, and i felt so excited that this young woman wanted to know where I had bought my swim-suit (i was assuming she had asked because she wanted to get one for herself...).
"see?!" i thought triumphantly to myself, "it’s not an old-lady swim-suit!"

turns out, she was asking for her mom...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny story, eh lol..
but so whaaaaaaaaat?????
shouldn't you feel positivly unique and happy about this matter, that you have a perspective toward what to wear as a swimsuit (NOT A BATHING SUTE) that some other people at your age don't see it like that?!

p.s. god, I miss swimming..I still need to wait for another 6 months in order to be able to swim. (you're like, what?? you wanna swim in winter time? are you outta your mind??!!)
I'll tell about it, later.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home