Saturday, October 28, 2006

my day today:
i woke up, talked to my parents, ate, went to the library, went to figure skating, went to piano class, went to dinner with my family. and now i'm sitting at the computer writing this post.
pretty normal standard day.
nothing special.
same old, same old.
i had even thought that it wasn't a very good day today (rainy, i was too busy, i was soo tired, kinda got in a fight - i mean, uh, "discussion" - with my sister, etc.)
but as we were driving to the restaurant, my dad asked each of us what the highlight of our day was. i couldn't think of anything.
not because there wasn't anything, but because there were too many:
-the lasagna i had for lunch was DELICIOUS
-i FINALLY got the books for my science project from the library
-i learned backward three-turns in figure skating (now if only i could get the forward mohawk, that would be great)
-my piano class was awesome (lucy said i was excellent)(lol, i feel like such a little kid getting all excited cause her teacher liked her work :D)
-...
it made me realize it hadn't been a crappy day at all. all these good things had happened, and i hadn't even acknowledged them until my dad asked that.
weird.
why do all the bad things stick out so much in our mind, but the good things we just assume are normal (i.e. we think good things SHOULD happen and so they don't deserve our special attention, but bad things are extraordinary)?
ask yourself that - 'what was the highlight of my day?' - and you'll see you didn't have a bad day after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home