Friday, December 08, 2006

and the musical accompaniment for tonight's all-nighter is...

GOLE YAKH (ice flower)
by shahrum k.
http://www.bia2.com/video/player.php?id=153
soooo sad! but omg, soooooo gooooooood!
listen to it even if you don't know persian. here's the story:
he has a nightmare one night where he sees himself picking ice flowers (ok, no idea what an ice flower is, to be honest [confused WTH face]), then wakes up and sees his girlfriend has left him. she has left him a note breaking up with him (a note??? who breaks up using a note?? what a wuss)("hey, be a man!" [said with thick chinese accent])(oh that russel peters [slaps knee, wipes tear]), saying she is tired and that it's over between them.
years later, she comes back - HE IS IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION and he still has her letter! (see why he is in a mental institution?? yeah)
the rest of the song is just him telling her things like: "now that you've come back and see me ruined, you can sit and watch me like this? you didn't even think of what you did to me? i still remember all those days, and will (remember them) until eternity. you said you understood, but you didn't understand that this heart is all of a person [i.e. my whole self was my heart and you crushed it]! you can come and see me like this and do nothing about it."
then at then end, i guess he FINALLY realizes and moves on cause he says "my hands no longer want the warmth of your hands, my legs will no longer walk even one step next to you. my heart no longer wants you. my heart no longer wants you."

i get a tad confused at the end. cause he is all like, 'i'm over you.' but he is in a mental institution, so...ummm...yeah...
but anyways,
let's not think about it too much [roll eyes].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home