Thursday, June 01, 2006

You took my ideals from me.
You said "let’s hang out, just you and I."
"No," I said, "it’s not right. I don’t like to be so close, so alone."
"It’s ok," you said, "we’re friends. We’re good friends. This is what friends do."
"But my boundaries...I have boundaries," I said (whispered).
"It’s good that you have boundaries," you said, "but just smudge this line a little, and erase that little bit over there."
"We’re friends," you said.
"It’s ok," you said.
So I did...I smudged this line a little and erased that little bit over there...
Now where are they? Where is the wall I had built with them? Where is my protection?
It’s gone.
Oh wait, I see them: my boundaries, my lines – YOU HAVE THEM NOW. You are re-drawing them now. You took my boundaries and you are using them to build my wall around yourself. I moved them to let you in, now you're using them to keep me out...
You took my ideals from me, and now you're throwing them back in my face.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I like that poem thingy!! Very Cool!
KIM

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home