Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"Dear Ms Rajaee,
I'd like to discuss your statement of interest with you before you submit your application (if you haven't done so already). Could you try to see me sometime tomorrow (Wednesday), perhaps before HUMS 4000?
Vale,
W. R. Laird
College of the Humanities
and Department of History"

this is an e-mail sent to me by one of the profs i had asked to write me a letter of reference...i'm so worried now. i just re-read the Statement of Interest i had written for the OGS application (laird had asked to see it before writing the letter). it had sounded fine to me before, i had even liked it. this time it sounded childish and lofty and as if i did not know what i was doing.

HELP - I'M SUFFERING FROM AMOUR-PROPRE!!

in other news, i found out today that for grad school i would most likely need THREE years of greek - i'm in my SECOND year of it right now (and graduating from uni this year) - and THREE years of latin (i have - let me check my audit - oh that's right: ZERO years of it). there is a SLIM chance that this requirement is only for classics though, and not for philosophy - here's hoping that is the case...
AND i JUST wrote a blog a few days ago saying how great it was that i didn't get into the french bursery program cause now i was set for grad school greek-wise. so much for that!

oh Lady Fortuna - you and your giving gifts and then taking them away again...roll eyes

1 Comments:

Blogger Massey said...

bita bread! you'll be just fine. eeeshallaaaahh :D

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home